Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
As we use several chemicals to kill the algae bacteria on our pool water, still to ensure it is safe to swim and the chemical used is within prescribed limits, we need pool water testers. Using these testers is a mandate to keep a check on the chemical levels regularly.
It is highly recommended to test the water quality to ensure that these chemicals are at par with the prescribed levels. Digital testing kits are the latest pool water testers which facilitate the users with the ease of testing. Although, with many manufacturers in the market, choosing the best digital pool water tester is a tedious task.
Hence we have hand-picked 8 best digital pool water testers available in the market by testing and analyzing the various claims made by their manufacturers.
Reviews Of the 8 Best Digital Pool Water Testers
If you are still wondering, what is the best digital pool water tester in the market, here we go with the detailed reviews of 8 best digital pool water testers available in the market:
Let’s analyze in detail, what makes these digital pool water testers best in the market.
1. HM Digital TDS-4 Pocket-Size TDS Tester Meter
Priced reasonably, this TDS tester meter is incredibly accurate. It comes with automatic temperature compensation to make it ideal for the big temperature swings. It is an imported tester that promises quality and reliability.
It can freeze the measurement so that you can view it conveniently by pulling it out from the water. The compact design of this tester makes it ideal to use for commercial as well as household. Overall it is an inexpensive and easy-to-use digital tool to assist you in checking your overall water quality.
- It ensures great accuracy
- It comes with automatic temperature compensation
- It is compatible with all the water purification applications
- It comes with alkaline batteries
- Automatic cut-off in the event of non-usage for 10 minutes
- Simple and compact design
- The LCD screen is not at par
- Few users mention about its inconsistency
2. Aqua Chek Trutest Digital Reader
It comes with an easy-to-read and huge LCD screen to avoid any inconvenience in assessing the chemical levels. This tester efficiently works with the bromine as well as chlorine. To get the measurement, you need to insert one strip which is required to be bought separately.
It requires just 15 seconds for reading to measure the pH, bromine, total alkalinity, and free chlorine. It is a water-resistant and light-weight digital reader that requires 2AA batteries. It only works with the trutest digital strips.
- Compatible with chlorine and bromine
- It comes with a huge LCD screen
- Relatively low price
- One of the best pool testing kits
- Ease of testing strips with digital technology
- No need of color-coded charts for strips or visual color matching
- Accuracy is not up to the mark
- Clear instructions are not provided
- Only works with trutest digital strips
3. Solaxx MET01A SafeDip Digital Test Meter
Trying to get your pool in optima shape and safe to swim? This digital test meter gives great accuracy and works well with a chlorine pool. To make it reliable, frequent calibration is required. It comes with easy to read LCD screen and water sample cup built within.
It does not require any test strips. It runs on 3AAA batteries and one of the perfect choices for high-end buyers. This model sets you free from the hassle of matching colors and makes the testing process easy for ORP, pH, TDS, temperature, salt, and free chlorine.
- Works well with salt and chlorine
- It offers great accuracy
- It comes with easy calibration
- No test strips required
- It comes with 1-point easy calibration
- Large LCD for easy reading
- It requests frequent calibration
- It is quite expensive as compared to other
4. Hqdz digital water quality tester
It is one of the best TDS digital meters which efficiently checks water filter performance, test the filter water purity quality and filter water quality purity as well. It efficiently combines the three functions – EC, TDS and ATC. It measures the total dissolved solids like metals, anions, salinity, cations, and minerals.
You can easily test the salt levels with this quality tester without taking down water sampling. It comes with a leather carrying case to ease the portability. A detailed manual instruction is also available to ensure the right and hassle-free usage.
- It comes with a large backlit display
- This tester comes with the three-in-one function
- Easy to record and read the meter
- The display is waterproof and convenient
- A smart multi-purpose tool
- Few customers complain that reading is not as easy as claimed.
5. pHin Smart Water Care Monitor
By testing the water quality up to 1000 times a week, this water care monitor helps to identify if the change in the quality of water is temporary or not! The chemical brocade available in it suggests the accurate quantity of chemical required to be added to the water to achieve the desired quality.
It comes with a lifetime warranty, so if you face any issue, the manufacturer will assure you to send a new monitor quickly.
- It ensures continuous water monitoring
- It sends the automatic alerts
- Compatible with the iOS and Android
- It works well with different water types
- It supports major chemical brands
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- Few users complain about its inaccuracy
- Connectivity is a challenging aspect
6. LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7
Depending on the chemical levels present in the water, there are strips available in the kit which changes its color. You can easily determine the chemical levels by matching the color of the strips to the color chart provided indicating the chemical levels. It is a simple kit to use. All you need to choose the pool or hot tub and add five drops of reagent.
An easy digital readout is available to display the results. The reagents give accurate results but come with a short shelf life.
- Easy to use
- Priced reasonably to let you save good money on various chemicals
- Comes with a carry case
- Digital reading to ease
- Shelf life is considerable short
7. Blue Wave Electronic Pool and Spa Water Tester
This spa water tester is perfect for the one who does not want to indulge in the number games and just merely interested to know if the actual chlorine level is good, high or low.
However, the levels of pH and temperature displayed on its large LCD screen are very clearly and accurately. The tough plastic is used for the water-resistant casing.
Very easy to use, the manufacturer claims to provide commercial-grade technology. After initial calibration, it reads 0.4 pH lower than the actual. Until the new reading is taken, it saves the last reading.
- It comes with considerably large readouts
- It is a water-resistant device
- It is quite easy to use
- It comes with rugged water resistance
- Low battery indicator and auto power-off
- It saves the last reading until the next reading
- Easy push buttons
- Large LCD readouts
- Detailed results are not available
- pH is off by 0.4 affecting its accuracy
8. Cakie Digital pH meter
It is a high quality, durable and accurate pH digital pool water tester that comes with an LCD to show the results instantly. You can use it easily by removing the cap and immersing it in the water. The instructions to calibrate are simple to follow. It is compact and comes with a handy storage case.
The sensitive electrode sensor in this tester helps to read the accurate pH levels.
- One of the highly accurate digital pool testers
- It comes with auto temperature compensation
- One-touch button to calibrate the tester instantly
- Multipurpose usage for home, laboratory, RO system, pool, etc
- Detailed manual to guide you through
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Not up to the mark as claimed by many users
With the wide array of digital pool water testers available in the market, most of these tests proficiently test the pH levels and critical chemical levels. A pool testing kit with reagent is appropriate for the people comfortable with the chemistry set up.
If you are looking for some budgeted options and do not want to indulge into test strip hassles, digital testing meters are great deals worth exploring. Considering your budget needs and testing preferences, you can choose a digital pool water tester which can largely suffice your needs without pinching your pockets.