There are three basic types of automatic pool cleaners, including pressure-side, suction-side, and robotic. Both pressure-side and suction-side cleaners offer good features for the money you spend but they depend heavily on your pool’s pump.
These cleaners also lack maneuverability, which makes robotic pool cleaners a much better choice. That’s when many people put their money on Dolphin cleaners.
Top 9 Dolphin Pool Cleaners to Buy
Powered by electricity, Dolphin robotic cleaners come with a filter and a bag, and don’t need your pool’s system to work. The thing is that you can find a number of models and it takes time to select the one that works for you.
Here are some of the top models to help you choose one keeping your pool’s cleaning needs in mind.
1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
If you’re looking for a robotic cleaner that would offer peace of mind and work great for your standard size pool, you may want to try this model. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is suitable for pools up to 50ft and comes with a 2.5 years warranty.
With the facility of using a weekly schedule, you can clean your pool on a daily or weekly basis. Interestingly, it does not require you to have a booster pump, which ultimately makes it 8 times more energy-efficient than pressure and suction cleaners.
What’s more, it uses CleverClean Technology to ensure that the cleaner scans your pool thoroughly and cleans efficiently too. The presence of two scrubbing brushes also improves its performance. Moreover, you can clean the unit itself with ease by accessing large top cartridge filters.
Overall, it seems to be a great choice for most pool owners, but you need to consider that its price tag may be a bit higher than other similar models from other brands. Other than this, it’s a unit worth buying!
- Single-button operation for easy use
- Automatic cleaning with a weekly scheduler
- No need to have a booster pump installed
- Maybe a bit pricier than other similar models
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC
If you’re having a hard time cleaning the toughest stuck-on dust, you may find Dolphin Nautilus CC cleaner a nice investment. With its brush spinning twice as fast as standard brushes, it gets rid of dirt more efficiently.
With CleverClean Technology, it never uses random patterns. It has plenty of cable, so no need to worry about dealing with tangling. It also climbs the walls quite efficiently.
While it is a lightweight, effective, and easy-to-use robotic cleaner, it is only suitable for pools no larger than 33 feet. If it fits your pool size, it may well be a sound investment for you.
- Superfast brush for effective cleaning
- Lightweight cleaner with single button operation
- No need to worry about it moving randomly
- Not suitable for pools larger than 33ft
3. Dolphin Nautilus with Dual Filter Cartridges
You need a professionally designed robotic cleaner for pool up to 50 ft, and this Dolphin unit may well be a great choice. With its single-button control, you can get great results even for a pool larger than most standard pools.
Thanks to its CleverClean Technology, you won’t have to deal with random patterns. It comes with relatively rounded corners, which means it can climb walls more efficiently. The presence of anti-tangling swivel cable promotes hassle-free movement at the time of cleaning the pool.
Though it has dual scrubbing brushes for better cleaning, some users suggest that it requires more than a “single cycle” to get perfect results. It won’t be a big issue though as it won’t be anything more than “slightly dirty”. Running it regularly would resolve the issue though!
- Single-button control offering peace of mind
- CleverClean Technology to prevent random patterns
- Anti-tangling swivel cable for easy movement
- May need more than a single cycle for perfect cleaning
4. Dolphin E10
For those looking for an automatic robotic cleaner, Dolphin E10 offers a good value for money. This lightweight cleaner comes equipped with CleverClean Technology, so no random patterns and only the best cleaning performance.
With active brushing spinning 2 times faster than other regular models, it easily scrubs away tough debris and dirt. The use of the handle is another blessing for the first time buyers, as it saves you from lifting the cleaner out by the cable.
There is no need to worry about tangled cables either. Interestingly, the cord doesn’t create an issue even when your pool has a ladder. Moreover, you might find it a great choice if you have an oval above-ground pool – just be sure to run it for two cycles to get good results.
- Single-button operation for ease of use
- Above ground cleaner with no random patterns
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Maybe a bit on the expensive side
5. Dolphin Triton PS
Are you looking for a robotic cleaner with superior scrubbing power? Dolphin Triton PS may be your best bet here. Thanks to its PowerStream technology, it works fine on vertical surfaces and climbs walls without a problem.
It works automatically; you can set its weekly scheduler and forget about it working. Active brushing ensures proper cleaning, even when you have a pool up to 50ft. Cleaning this lightweight unit is easy, thanks to its extra-large top-loading filter basket.
Overall, it works amazingly well, but some users have complained about it stopping while working. That’s nothing serious and is usually due to a blocked impeller that can be cleaned easily.
- Perfect for climbing walls
- Large top-loading filter basket for better performance
- Lightweight and suitable for pools up to 50 feet
- May find it to be a bit on the expensive side
6. Dolphin Premier Robotic Cleaner
Dolphin Premier robotic cleaner seems to be a good choice mainly because of its four media types and efficient cleaning. It comes with standard cartridges, micro-cartridges, and oversized bag. Multi-Media is the added benefit.
Forget about incurring a high cost of operation because it runs on twin DC motors. The combination of these motors and dual scrubbing brushes means impressive cleaning in an energy-efficient way.
It proves to be a good choice for anyone looking for a cleaner that climbs walls perfectly. Thanks to its HyperGrip dual tracks, it reduces slippage chances and climbs stairs and walls efficiently. The only issue you might face is regarding the tangled cords. Overall, a nice buy!
- Faster cleaning due to SmartNav scan
- Efficient climbing with HyperGrip dual tracks
- DC motors for energy-efficient performance
- The cord may tangle quite often
7. Dolphin Oasis Z5i
Dolphin Oasis Z5i is one of the advanced robotic cleaners currently available in the market. Not many brands offer a cleaner with a drive motor as powerful as you find on the Z5i. It is a dual-drive motor and ensures 360-degree turning for better pool coverage.
You will also notice oversized cartridge filters on this model. Thanks to a high suction rate, these filters can easily trap fine debris as well as leaves. It has become a popular choice because of the availability of MyDolphin App that lets you control the cleaner through the Bluetooth.
The unit cleans quite effectively and saves you from all the hassle with its anti-tangling swivel cable. The length of the cable is about 50ft, so it makes it easier to use the unit. One issue is that the cord from the base of the unit is only 6-ft long. Moreover, some people complain that Bluetooth requires proximity to work properly.
Overall, if you can live with a less than perfect Bluetooth functionality, you’re less likely to find anything to complain about in this unit. A reasonably good unit, as a whole!
- Dual drive motor for better maneuverability
- Bluetooth functionality for ease of control
- Anti-tangling swivel cable for uninterrupted
- The Bluetooth could’ve been better
8. Dolphin Escape Pool Cleaner
Its sleek design is something that sets it apart from many other models. But make no mistake about its performance, thanks to its high-quality energy-efficient DC motors. These 24-V motors come with a one year warranty, so you will have peace of mind when using the unit.
The all-new Escape comes with Hypergrip Continuous Tracks, which means you can expect improved traction that you usually doesn’t get from units with wheels. Moreover, Hyperbrush Active Scrubbing brush also plays a role in scrubbing away hard contaminants.
Its massive top-load filter offers added benefit, but some people complain about not having an ultra-fine filter included in the package. However, you can easily buy it separately depending on the debris you tend to get in your pool. Overall, it does offer a good value for money!
- Sleek unit at a reasonable price
- Improved traction with Hypergrip Continuous Tracks
- Optimize cleaning patterns due to SmartNav scanning
- No ultrafine filter included
9. Dolphin Sigma Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Sigma claims to be one of the finest robotic cleaners with Bluetooth. It certainly has the ability to impress its users mainly due to its powerful, dual scrubbing brushes that can easily get rid of tough contaminants.
The unit climbs the walls quite efficiently and is suitable for removing bacteria and algae from walls and waterline. It uses a gyroscope mobility system, making it possible to resolve tilt or orientation. In fact, it delivers great performance by monitoring three axis of rotation.
It works quite quickly with a deep clean cycle taking around 2.5 hours only. You can always rely on it for your large pool of up to 50 feet. You won’t have to deal with large messy bags to clean because its top-loading cartridge filters are easy to handle.
The addition of Bluetooth makes it a preferred choice for many, but keep in mind that it may sometimes be annoying to use it. The reason is the poor response time when using Bluetooth. Everything else works quite like a charm though!
- Easy-to-use unit with anti-tangling swivel cable
- Large top-loading cartridge filters for efficient cleaning
- Impressive 3 years warranty
- Bluetooth functionality is not up to the mark
The Cost of Using a Dolphin Robotic Cleaner
Many people are under the impression that robotic cleaners are likely to have a higher cost of operation. Thankfully, that is not true. In fact, they draw less energy when compared to the pressure-side or suction-side pool cleaners.
The reason is that the pump needs to perform its own job while powering the pressure-side models and that consumes a lot more energy.
A robotic cleaner, on the other hand, does not draw as much energy, which results in a lower cost of operation. At the same time, your Dolphin robotic cleaner leaves your pool pump alone, ultimately extending its life.
Features to Check When Buying
Unlike conventional pool cleaners, robotic cleaners, and Dolphin cleaners, in particular, are capable of using electronic equipment. What it means is that the units can track their position, utilize different sensors where to move next, and rely on special features to climb walls for impressive cleaning.
While the features vary from unit to unit and mainly depend on the price you pay, you may want to consider the following when making a purchase.
- Choice of filters: Opt for a unit that offers a choice of filters, including the cartridge filter and soft-sided filters. Filter cartridges are usually better at picking up finer dirt.
- Anti-tangling swivel cable: Take your time to check and ensure that the unit comes equipped with a cable that won’t get tangled even when working in a pool with a ladder.
- Waterline cleaning: keep in mind that not all Dolphin machines are going to help with this feature, so check it carefully before making a purchase.
- Level of Chlorine: Consider going for a model that can monitor the level of chlorine as well as other models. It saves you from running a pH balance test often.
- Powerful motors: Opt for a cleaner with a powerful motor for better results. You can now find Dolphin models with dual DC motors.
- Bluetooth: Some high-end models come with Bluetooth functionality. It really helps take control of your unit and make it clean the spots it may have missed the first time.
Robotic cleaners offer many benefits. It is worth considering though that you cannot replace parts of robotic cleaners like you can with pressure-side cleaners. However, the good thing is that most of these cleaners come with 3-year warranties.
If you pick the right unit for your needs, you should be able to receive reasonably good cleaning performance. Just take your time and pick the best Dolphin unit for your needs!