Protecting something precious has been an instinct of humankind since time immemorial. Protection and the eventual recovery of the protected product are like different sides of the same coin. This pattern can be seen in almost every day of our daily lives, whether in the form of lock and key, closed and open doors or windows, covered and subsequent uncovering of anything.
While summer is still in the air, pool or hot tub spa time is also staying along with it. The lazy shenanigans in the pools are somewhat the best quality time that one can spend during the days of summer. Since almost all the hot tubs and spas, whether the permanent ones or the temporary inflatable ones, are quite precious to their respective owners; covering them up to have also been quite important as well.
Reviews of 9 Ultimate Hot Tub Cover Lifters
The list below of the cover lifters for hot tubs is not only comprehensive but it would also help potential buyers with the eternal question ‘what is the best hot tub cover lifter?’
1. Blue Wave Cover Lift
This manually operated cover lift for the spa will make covering and uncovering your spa hassle-free. It comes in with a radius of about 8 ft. It can function on tubs that are either rectangular or circular. The best part is this cover lifter comes in with a warranty for a year. The low mount cover lifter can be easily handled by anyone without going through much inconvenience
- The lifted cover can easily be latched to rounded corners via its mount brackets, thus making it quite versatile
- Installation is easy as the user manual is simple to decipher
- The steel is powder-coated which makes it less susceptible to rust and damage
- The screws that come in with the cover lift are not that of a great quality
2. NP509 from Cover Valet
The cover lift is quite a stunner with its good design and functionality. It has a design, which consists of an under-mounted cabinet that comes in handy during its operation. The removal of the cover is assisted by a gas spring that makes the process a piece of a cakewalk.
The height of the cover lifter can be adjusted by either lowering or raising the cover as per the requirements.
- It supports tubs with varying heights ranging from 30 inches to 40 inches
- The cover lift is extremely easy to manage even for kids
- It keeps the folds of the cover intact and does not stress much on the mid fold of the cover
- The lifter cover would work best which a minimum clearance area of 36 inches. Therefore, it does not work well in areas with space crunches
3. BeyondNice Tub Cover
The tub cover from BeyondNice can be easily deemed as one of the best insulating covers for hot tubs. It comes in with the added advantage of customization so that you can fit it tailored to your needs for a spa cover. In order to prove their durability, the company provides a warranty of five years on this cover.
In addition, a high steam stopper keeps the heat within for an exceptionally long time.
- The customized cover is extremely light that makes it a hit amongst buyers
- Despite the warranty for 5 years by the manufacturer, the covers are pretty much robust and durable
- A skirt along the cover rims (6 inches wide) provides added protection towards UV rays and harsh weather
- Since it is a customized gig, therefore delivery would take longer than expected. Hence, this product is not to be chosen in case you are in a hurry
- There have been complaints about water logging in the side flaps
4. SpaEase 100
The SpaEase cover lift has a good reputation, for it is easy to assemble and maintenance properties. Its durability adds more feathers to the cap of its popularity as well. Moreover, it can also pose as a quite attractive and stylish addition to your spa or tub gear, thereby giving the home décor a new level.
The built is strong and sturdy which makes it less susceptible to wear and tear.
- The robust construction of the material that assures durability
- Simple to maneuver with better leverage thereby making it effortless to cover or uncover the hot tub
- Installation of the product is quite easy, as it does not need any kind of anchoring below the tub
- The size that the product caters has to be a maximum of 96 inches only. Therefore, anything larger would not pass for this product
- Some samples have complaints that the lifter cannot withstand the weight of the tub cover
5. Ocean Blue Water Cover Lifter
The cover lifter from Ocean Blue Water is just the hassle-free product that you would need for your tub. There is no drilling required to install the product, which thereby ensures no damage to your beloved tub. You just need to install the mounting plate’s right beneath the tub, which is kept in position by the mass of the tub itself without any external adages.
The metal framework is strong and resistant to corrosion. It also comes with handles that have a padded grip for the ease of operating the product. In addition, springs, which are of heavy-duty quality, also help with quick covering and uncovering of the tub cover.
- Lifting process is easy which is liked well by the consumers
- The product does not come in with any user manual (written or pictorial) which makes installation a bit difficult
- The product sits about a foot more than what has been advertised, thereby making an issue of space crunch and misplaced alignment of the tub cover
6. Smart Spa Cover Lifter
The cover lifter for hot tubs from Smart Spa has an amazingly stylish look in its Euro design that is low profile. The durability is more guaranteed by the 5-year warranty that the manufacturers provide when you buy the product. The clear space required around the tub for its operation is just 15 inches, which is quite good for small spaces.
The build is corrosion resistant and sturdy. The bracket design is of high quality to ensure no slips and falls happen during its operation. The cover lifter can be easily maneuvered by anyone from eight to eighty. It is specially equipped with hand drips made of foam, which makes handling the product as easy as mentioned earlier.
- Ease of operation is the USP of this product amongst its buyers
- The robust build of the product ensures longer durability despite the warranty for five years from the manufacturer
- Need to get new longer screws as the ones provided with the product is a bit short and might not keep up the lifter in position
7. NP5041 Cover Lifter from Outdoor Solutions
The versatility of this cover lifter from Outdoor Solution makes the unique selling point of the product. It can fit in any shaped hot tub, whether round, rectangular, square, oval or any other polygonal shape. It can cover even an octagonal shaped hot tub. The presence of spring that is of heavy-duty quality makes navigating the product simple and easy.
It is not only the springs that are heavy duty but also the tubes are as well. The tubes are capable of adjustments according to the width as well as the height of the hot tubs that make it quite flexible in its use. The metal build of the product is strong as well as resistant to rust and corrosion.
- The installation is an easy task without much hassle
- The product has been deemed with good value for money by most of the buyers
- No screws on the spa surface make this product a winner in the looks sections as well
- The flange required to keep it in a steady position that goes beneath the tub is a bit heavy and might need additional help during the removal of the product from the tub
8. Cover Lift from SpaEscort
The plastic-free products will ensure a better durable product in the current market. It comes with a set of brackets that are already pre-assembled that makes installation makes like taking a walk in the park. The hydraulic process used for the actual process of lifting the cover makes it the apple of the eye
- Single strut maneuvering makes it an instant hit amongst the customers
- The customer care unit of the product has been quite good in providing services in case of misplaced or damaged products
- The cost of the product is a bit on the higher side
9. SpaEscort Cover Lifter
The product from SpaEscort can be used in spas and hot tubs of varied sizes up to 96 inches in measurements thus making it quite versatile for its uses. The templates, which are actually the size of brackets, make installation of the product easy. Brackets that are injection molded and wide security straps made up of nylon makes the product quite robust and strong.
- The installation is easy and holds on a good position with the customers
- The corrosion and rust-resistant build make the product extremely durable and sturdy
- The clearance space required is a bit much
How Do Tub Cover Lifters Work?
The tub covers not only assist in keeping the products neat and clean but also help in insulation. However, managing a spa or tub cover can be an extremely daunting task. In order to make this ordeal easy tub cover lifters are just the things you might need. Cover lifters usually come in two types: automatic and manual.
A cover for a hot tub is usually folded into two. A movable metallic bar is attached to the tub in such a way so that it rests on it. In order to open the cover, all you need is to open the first fold and then crank the bar back along with second fold, so that the cover rests on the upright bar.
This process needs to be done manually in the manual type. For the automated ones, it just needs a button press.
In order to understand the salient features of hot tub cover lifters that would eventually help you to decide which cover lifter would be best suited to your needs, it is necessary to go through some of the best models available in the market.
Some Easy yet Important Tips to Remember: Buying Guide
You need to take care of the below points before going to buy one of your choice:
Make sure of the exact measurements of both the tub and the surrounding areas are done correctly so that you can have an idea how it would sit in your tub.
Make sure you have a better understanding of the installation procedure because many products do not come with a comprehensive instruction manual.
Most of the lifters come in with screws, which need to be drilled. If you are about no scratches to your spas, make sure what kind of fixtures comes in with the product before really getting one.
It is general knowledge to have a bit of window-shopping before the actual act of shopping itself. In our busy lives, physically going to stores to look at the products can be a bit daunting. Researching the products would actually help you to understand what is the genuine requirements rather than going after the fancy ones.
If you do not have time to research, you should go through our guide to have a better understanding of the functionalities thereby helping you ardently to decide the best cover lifters for your favorite hot tub or spa. Our detailed analysis shows you the strong points & some weaknesses of the products. To make sure not making any wrong decisions, you should read the guide carefully and select wisely.