An effective filtration system is an essential component of every swimming pool to maintain the cleanliness of the water therein, any pool without a well-functioning cartridge will accommodate debris and other waste.
Many of the filters out there use cartridges while there are still plenty of available options to choose from, knowing what is the best pool filter sand or cartridge can be challenging but find time to read through this guide.
The 10 Best Filter Cartridge on the Market in 2021:
1. POOLPURE Spa Filter Replaces Pleatco PRB50-IN with Powerful Filtration Performance
This POOLPURE filter comes with a powerful and innovative Dirt-Locking filtration mechanism for effective removal of dust, hair, and leaves from the pool water while allowing you to have a great fun with colleagues and family members. The fantastic Trilobal filtration cloth structure enables it to trap in a lot of contaminants. The filter is easy to sanitize. It features a reliable filtration function for getting rid of odor, chlorine, and other impurities and leaves behind clean and freshwater.
- It can last for a year or two if maintained properly
- It eliminates contaminants in a large volume
- Delivers healthy and purified water
- It requires constant change as well
2. POOLPURE Hot Tub Filter Replaces Pleatco Spa & Pool Filter
This PoolPure Spa and Pool filtration system assists tremendously in maintaining clean pool water and safeguard swimming pool equipment parts to prevent the accumulation of harmful particles. It is made of Lead & BPA free materials to ensure you have a healthy and relaxing swimming experience. The filter is compatible with Waterway 817-2500, Dynamic Series I RDC-25, Rainbow Dynamic 25, Jacuzzi J200 Series, and Rainbow Plastics 17-2327. This PoolPure filter has been tested and certified by a professional body known as IAPMO against ANSI/NSF 50.
- It keeps away chlorine residual and harmful particles
- It protects the components of the pool gadgets
- It is easy to wash and clean
- It is professionally tested and certified
- It doesn’t have much filtering materials
3. POOLPURE Replacement Filter for Star Clear Plus C1200
This filter cartridge is uniquely and solidly designed to be both durable and efficient. It features a powerful and innovative Dirt-Locking system for trapping a large volume of contaminants. It is easy to change and remove quickly without stress. The featured Trilobal filtration fabric makes it easier for this filter to grab impurities. Reconditioning and washing of this filter are made easy with the help of the filtration fabric. If proper maintenance is carried out on this filter, it can last for up to a year or two.
- Prevents harmful particles from the pool water
- It is easy to recondition and wash
- It is durable and efficient
- Safeguards the components of the pool equipment
- It requires close monitoring for long-lasting functionality
4. POOLPURE Spa Filter Replaces Pleatco PWW50P3 Compatible with Unicel 6CH-940
The PoolPure filter is a perfect replacement for the swimming pool and spa filtration system. It is inexpensive and made of high-quality materials for impressive performance. Moreover, it also comes with a powerful dirt-locking system that enables the fabric materials to capture the water contaminants efficiently. It provides you with 100% purified water to ensure you have a relaxing and healthy swimming experience. The filter will serve you for long in as much you ensure its proper and adequate maintenance.
- The filter adequately removes dust, sediments, and hair
- Features unique Trilobal fabric for removing contaminants
- It is easy to clean and wash
- Available with reasonable price
- The material may wear out quickly
5. Intex 59905E Type B 6-Pack Swimming Pool Filter Cartridge
Intex 59905E Type B filter comes in a six-pack that will serve you well for long about a month. This is because you will need to replace the filter cartridge every two weeks to enjoy and maintain a healthy swimming pool. This filter keeps away particles, wastes, and debris from your pool water. Thus, leaving behind a sparkling clean pool that you can swim in. It is made of easy to clean Dacron filter material, which is more pleat, more substantial and thick.
- It keeps debris and other particles away from your pool water
- It ensures you enjoy a neat swimming pool
- Inexpensive and relatively affordable by all
- Made of high-quality materials
- It requires constant changes every two weeks
6. Pleatco PRB50-IN Spa & Pool Filter, 1 Cartridge
Pleatco is a famous swimming pool filter manufacturer, and this Pleatco PRB50-IN Spa & Pool Filter is a replacement filtration system for pool and spa. It is hassle-free to install and easy to remove when it is weak or worn out. It features Free Flow Cores for optimum water flow through the featured REEMAY filter system for cleaning more water quickly. It also comes with antimicrobial end caps for preventing chlorine residual and protects the filter components for long-lasting functionality. It supports Waterway, Dynamic Series IV-DFM, Series I RDC-50, Custom Molded, and DFM.
- Protects the pool filter components
- Easy to install and remove when worn out
- Features antimicrobial ends caps
- Made of ABS free to optimize water flow
- It is more plastic and can crack easily
7. Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
This Intex Krystal Clear filter will keep your pool water clean and fresh all the time. Kudos to its one thousand gallons of water per hour flow rate. This pump will disperse and sterilize your above ground pool water and keep it clean. This Intex filter is easy to maintain with the cartridges occasional rinsing or you can substitute the old cartridge for a new one to ensure maximum cleanliness of your water. It utilizes Type A filter cartridges and requires constant changes every two weeks. If you have above ground pool of up to 6000 gallons, this is for you.
- It utilizes a type A replaceable cartridge
- It brings 100% improvement of water clarity
- The maximum increase in water circulation
- Easy to maintain
- It only comes with a year’s warranty
8. Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
You can maintain a good swimming pool with this Intex 2500 Gallons per hour filter cartridge pump. It is proud of its 2500 GPH pump flow rate and 1,900 GPH system flow rate. This pump will disperse and sterilize your above ground pool water and keep it fresh and clean. It is hassle-free to maintain the pump, just ensure you replace the cartridge every two weeks though this filter utilizes Type B cartridge.
- It comes with sediments flushing valve
- Uses easy to clean and replaceable cartridge
- Features dual insulated pump
- Uniquely engineered for above ground pools
- Complies with UL/CSA standards
- Comes with a single Hydro Aeration inlet
9. Intex Filter Cartridge Pump for Above Ground Pools 530 GPH
Keep your swimming pool water clean this season with this durable 530 Intex Krystal Clear filter cartridge. It boasts of its 530 GPH pump flow rate and 475 GPH system flow rate. This pump will circumambulate the water and filter it for your above ground pool to have a refreshing and relaxing pool experience. This filter cartridge utilizes Type A cartridge Item 29000E, which must be changed every two weeks. This is an ideal pump for every above ground pool that is up to 3800 gallons.
- This pump is easy to maintain
- Easy to clean with replaceable cartridge
- Easy to install with hoses and plugin
- Additional fittings are sold separately
10. POOLPURE NSF-50 Certified Watkins 31114 Replacement Tiger River Spa Filter
This PoolPure replacement Tiger River Spa filter is unique and engineered to be durable and efficient. It has a robust and innovative Dirt-Locking mechanism to capture a large number of contaminants. The Trilobal filter cloth simplifies the detection of pollutants by this filter. The help of the filter fabric facilitates the cleaning and washing of this filter. Proper maintenance of this filter can make it last for up to a year or two.
- It removes sediments and dust efficiently
- Easy to clean and maintain
- It provides clear and purified water
- Comes with powerful filtration system
- Requires constant changes
FAQs About Pool Filter Cartridge
Q: How Often to Change Pool Filter Cartridge?
A: Pool and spa filter cartridge needs to be cleaned whenever you notice an upsurge in the pressure gauge by eight PSI above the standard pressure. But if your filter cartridge is regularly working without any issue or defect, ensure that you clean it every six months.
Q: What Size Cartridge Filter for 20000 Gallon Pool?
A: To select an appropriate filter for your swimming pool, it is a must for you to first get a correct pool pump. Your pool filter mustn’t be different to your pump. If there is a difference between the two, the difference will affect the filter’s filtering performance and diminish its effectiveness. So, if your pool has approximately 20 000 gallons of water, the appropriate filter size would be 300 – 400sq.ft.
Q: What is the Best Way to Clean Pool Filter Cartridges?
A: To clean your pool filter cartridge, we advise you to soak your cartridge inside a muriatic acid and leave it until it stops bubbling. After the bubbling stops, you can clean the cartridge and reassemble it.
What size cartridge filter for 15000 gallon pool?
To avoid buying a filter cartridge that doesn’t match your pool pump size, you’ll need to consider your pump’s flow rate. A pool with 15000 gallons of water will need 100-200 Sq.—Ft filter cartridge size.
Buying the best pool filter cartridge brand is a sensible choice to make, and when you are shopping for one, ensure that you go through all the features and specifications of each unit. Also, be conversant with the flow rate of your pool pump to ease your task of selecting a suitable filter cartridge for pool filter.