Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Paying for the gas bill can be costly. The same problem applies to electric pool heaters as well. The lasting solution to these problems is to buy and install effective solar pool heaters in your pool. There are multiple products from various brands that you can select. In this guide, you will learn about what is the best solar pool heater and useful information about those we review below.
The Following are The 10 Most Patronized and Top Rated Products in 2021:
1. SunHeater S120U Black Universal Solar Pool Heater 2 by 20 feet
This Sunheater swimming pool heating mechanism comes with a patented solar panel collector design with an ergonomic tube for maximum heat transfer. It is designed to be suitable for inground pools with superb water circulation and simple DIY installation, making it stand out among the out-of-the-box product people are patronizing today. This product may be pricier than some of the other products available on the market, but rest assured that this Smartpool heater will never disappoint you. It works correctly with all types of pumping systems. It features 2 by 20 feet durable panel and exclusive tube design for magnificent heat transfer.
- It comes with a patented tube construction
- It increases the pool temperature for 6-10° F
- Compatible with universal pool pump systems
- Suitable for both inground and above ground
- It requires more panels for enormous pools
2. SmartPool S240U Pool Solar Panel Heaters 2 by 20 ft
With this Sunheater Solar panel system, you will be able to capture free heat directly from the sunray to heat the temperature of your pool. The SmartPool S240U Pool Solar Panel Heaters is an effective technique of warming your pool without constant billing. It uses the existing filtration gadget to pass water through many tubes of the panel where it will be heated and then send the water back into the pool. It features a system kit that comes with flexible hose adapters, which simplifies poolside installation. It is a global system perfect for inground and above ground installation and can increase the water temperature from 6-10°F.
- It is made of high-quality polypropylene
- It gives room for multiple Sunheater connections
- It is a cost-effective solar system
- Easy to install
- The panel doesn’t come with a stand
3. Smartpool S601P SunHeater Solar Heating System for In Ground Pools
This Smartpool Sunheater Pool heater is an ideal product for inground pools, and it is somehow tricky to install, unlike other solar systems on the market. It is solidly engineered with sturdy construction and time tested design, which enables it to work excellently when fully installed. It also features an enormous panel design for heating your pool water temperature by ten to fifteen degrees in less than 24 hours. The Smartpool S601P SunHeater Solar Heating System uses a conventional solar system to provide consistent heat.
- It is environmentally friendly
- Features interchangeable connectors for versatile performance
- Made of high-quality polypropylene materials
- It can raise the temperature by 10-15°
- It is a bit challenging to install
4. Intex 28685E Above Ground Swimming Pool Water Heater Solar Mat
Out of the plethora of solar pool heaters on the market, this Intex Solar pool heater has been commended for high performance. It comes with a space-saving design and a relatively affordable price. It is capable of warming every Intex pool with like 10°. It works seamlessly with different varieties of Intex filter pumps. It features a mini and mighty mat that serves as a direct connection for an Intex pump, enabling it to disperse water back to the pool and increase the temperature from 5 to 10 in due time. It is the best use for Intex above ground pool.
- It is an energy-efficient pool heater
- Works perfectly with every Intex above ground pools
- It comes with a horizontal tube design
- It is measure at 47 by 47 inches
- Relatively inexpensive for all users
- It is only perfect for Intex pools
5. XtremepowerUS Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Solar Panel Heating System
As one of the most affordable and easy to use pool heaters for above ground and inground pools, this XtremepowerUS solar pool heater is a must-buy for every pool owner. You do not need to acquire a loan or break the bank before purchasing this product. It maintains its unwavering performance for any pool. This durable solar panel features a 2 by 20 feet panel collector that is straightforward to install and begin to work like magic immediately after the installation. It can increase the above ground pool’s temperature from 10-15° in some days.
- It is easy to use and install
- It is one of the least expensive product
- It increases the temperature from ten to fifteen degree
- It requires additional panels for larger pools
6. XtremepowerUS 90105 Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Solar Panel Heating System
This XtremepowerUS 90105 2 by 10 feet solar panel pool heating system flows water through all the available tubes of the pool pumping system where it is warmed in the solar panel collectors before returning to the pool. The system will then ensure it disperses the heated water through everywhere the pump is running. This panel is suitable for both inground and above ground, such as on the house roof, fence, or shed. It is a budget-friendly heating system and increases the temperature to like 10-15° F. It is made of high-quality material to ensure long-lasting functionality.
- It is a cost-effective solar panel
- Made of high-grade and quality materials
- It is perfect for both inground and above ground pools
- Works correctly with most pool pumps
- It is not wide enough
7. Intex Eco-Friendly Solar Heating Mat for Swimming Pools
The Intex 28685E solar pool water heater features a notable size. It performs tremendously despite having a compact and subtle size. It is measured at 47 by 47 inches, and this pool water heater mat can raise the temperature from 5-9 degrees Fahrenheit based on weather conditions. The installation process requires no technical knowledge, and it is easy to use. First, you must have an Intex pool and then connect the mat directly to the Intex pump; it will disperse the heated water back to the pool.
- It is an environmentally-friendly solar panel system
- It is easy to use and install
- It is an energy-efficient and cost-effective
- Easy to maintain
- The heating time may be prolonged
- It works perfectly with Intex pools only
8. GAME 4714 SolarPRO Contour Solar Pool Heater for Intex Pools
If you genuinely want a lasting solution to your freezing pool water during summer and winter seasons and need a contemporary solar panel pool water heater for your swimming pool, GAME 4714 SolarPro is an ideal product for you. It is designed to fit inground and above ground pools where the high-grade materials will enable it to capture enough sun rays without harming or compromising the product performance. It features a heating panel joined together with adjustable legs, allowing you to position the collector to the normal angle for optimum utilization of heat transferred to the pool.
- It is compact and lightweight
- It is relatively affordable
- Easy to set up with everything included
- It is efficient and cost-effective
- More panels needed for large pools
- Compatible with all Intex pools only
9. Flagman Shop Solar Mat Above Ground Pool Water Heater
This Flagman shop solar mat is an effective method of capturing sun rays to warm your above ground pool water. It is strongly engineered to work perfectly with all types of Intex filtration pump system. Flagman shop solar mat heats the water with an eco-friendly solar heating system. It can raise the temperature by five to nine degrees according to the weather conditions. It is an ideal product for above ground pools with approximately 8000 gallons of water.
- It is an environmentally-friendly system
- It raises the water temperature by 5-9°F
- This solar system is compatible with a filter pump of ½ hp
- It is only good for above ground swimming pools
10. SunQuest 6-2by12 Solar Swimming Pool Heater Complete System with Roof Kits
The SunQuest solar pool water heating system can raise the temperature of your pool by 10°. It is solidly built to be compatible with all existing swimming pool pumps. It is made of high-quality materials, making it one of the most durable products on the market. It circulates the water effectively with MAX-FLOW design with two OD headers. This SunQuest solar pool water heating system is easy to assemble and place anywhere to capture sun rays. It is uniquely designed to function well for both inground and above ground pools.
- This solar heating system is available in different panel sizes
- It works ideally with any existing pool pump
- It functions both above ground and inground
- Easy to assemble
- The installation process is time-consuming
How Much Does a Solar Pool Heater Cost to Install?
The Solar swimming pool heating system can cost about $3000 to $4000 to purchase and install. Solar pool heaters usually last longer than electric or gas pool heating systems. Payback for these products depends on some factors. So, you are advised to evaluate your site resources and determine the system’s efficiency before buying.
How Does a Solar Pool Heater Work?
Solar pool heaters perform functions by pumping swimming water through different solar collectors placed on the roof of your house or the ground. The free energy amassed through the sun will heat the water and return it back to the pool. But users can set their desire temperature on the featured system digital controller.
If you are serious about purchasing the best solar pool heater above ground for your pool and you have taken your time to carefully read and understand this guide from the beginning to the end. You would be able to procure the right solar pool heating system for your swimming pool confidently.