Our website thepoolindustry.com is pleased to announce the continuation of its scholarship program to support and encourage undergraduate students who are interested in the pool industry. These awards will be made for 2021 – 2022 academic year.
The principal aim of this scholarship program is to offer financial support to current students and to encourage serious and deserving students to continue their studies.
Here at thepoolindustry.com, we understand getting a scholarship is a huge encouragement in order to spend money on studying. Luckily, our 2021-2022 scholarship program is here to support three excellent students.
We will choose three winners for one of three scholarships, of $3,000, $2000, and $1,000 respectively, to use for tuition to an accredited US college for the 2021-2022 academic year. Current college students are encouraged to apply!
Because we focus on pools, hot tubs, and related accessories, we hope young people understand more about the pool industry. Students may choose between several topics for their essays and videos revolving around industry issues.
Information regarding eligibility for these scholarships is listed below:
Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Applicants must be currently enrolled at accredited freshmen to seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
Create a video or essay for topics
You are required to write an essay of (1000 to 2000 words) or create a video that’s (10 to 15 minutes) long about one of the fifteen topics listed below:
- What are the differences between concrete and fiberglass swimming pools?
- How often should I backwash the sand filter on my pool?
- I am considering buying a home with a pool, is there anything that I should know about buying a home with a pool or before purchasing one?
- Why do I need regular weekly pool service and cleaning when my pool stays fairly clean?
- Why do we need to clean our cartridge filters periodically during the season?
- What is the importance of maintaining the correct water level?
- Why is there so much debris in my pool at opening, when I closed my pool I had a cover on it and it was cleaned and serviced before closing?
- I have a newly plastered pool. Why does my pool use so much acid?
- I have a salt-chlorine generator installed in my pool. Why does it use acid?
- My pool is making a gurgling noise, what should I do?
- Is it more efficient to keep your hot tub hot, or heat it up for each use?
- What do you need to know to prepare for the wiring of your 220v, 230v, or 240v hot tub?
- What makes one hot tub more expensive than the other?
- How do I reduce the calcium hardness in my spa water?
- How do I choose the right spa chemicals for my hot tub?
Starting date: June 6, 2021
Deadline: June 6, 2022
Winner announcement: June 12, 2022
1st place: $3,000
2nd place: $2,000
3rd place: $1,000
How to apply
Students are required to fill in the application form below to apply. Then, students can upload their essays directly. For video entries, students need to upload to YouTube and submit a link to their video. They must also provide proof of enrollment to an accredited US college or their most recent college transcript.
Essays or videos must target one of the 15 topics listed above and should be original, creative, and fascinating. Essays should be informative, bright content writing style, as well as be typos-free, and videos should be free of audio and visual errors